Monday, August 28, 2006

Referral Wait Week...


Wow... we are

now starting week #14 of the referral waiting time warp.

There has been some great news on our agency forum, however... Several families have received referrals in the past 2 weeks. And as I have said before, we are movin' on up the list (my best educated guess is that we are getting closer to the single digits...maybe #10 or 11.)! The average wait time right now, is 27-30 weeks.... So we are about half-way there. We knew this going into the process, so it comes as no surprise. However, knowing in advance that you could be on a list, waiting for months does nothing for the heartache of actually waiting.

Thank goodness I have plenty to keep me busy...

I have begun the collection of fabrics for the 100 good wishes quilt... anyone who wishes to send in a square of fabric and a wish, is welcome to do so... (see archive "Things to do while we wait" for instructions!)

I had planned on beginning the quilt right away, but I still have squares showing up in my mailbox, so I am putting it on hold for a while to allow them all to arrive... Thanks to you all, who are participating... I have received some great fabrics, and wishes... I am really looking forward to completing this project.

No comments: