Tuesday, January 16, 2007





This has been a crazy emotion-filled week... Still no news, but knowing that it could be any day, or in the next week or two, has snapped me out of my 'try not to obsess about it' phase.... I'm now officially obsessing....

I finally got in the mood, to work on the 100 Good Wishes quilt.... I've spent the past few days cutting squares, arranging and rearranging... I haven't actually started stitching yet, but I plan to begin tonight. I will post a pic when I have it together.

I'm having a little bit of 'leaving Leyton behind' angst.... He is so excited about his new sister, and tells me everyday how much he misses her, and how he wants to come with Jon and I to visit her. This has been a long-time struggle for me. I really want him to be a part of the process... I would love for him to come with us to Africa. I think it would be a great experience for him. But there are always two sides to the coin....

I'm afraid of exposing him to some disease, that he is too young to be vaccinated against. I'm afraid that he is a little bit young to get the full experience, and to be able to comprehend the poverty and sickness that we will surely see. After viewing the video above, and hearing from families who have traveled that there are NO SEATBELTS in Ethiopian cars... I'm a little bit worried about certain death in an auto accident!

My mom has volunteered to come and stay with Leyton while we are gone for the visit trip.... And then Jon will be home with him, when I go to pick her up, or we will have her escorted to us here. This has been the plan off and on since the beginning of our journey last spring. But now, it is coming down to it, and I don't know what to do. Jon wants to leave him here, but I really want to bring him.... And I know that my mom will have a hard time getting off work at the drop of a hat.... We will only have a week or so notice before we travel.
Ah, well... I'm sure there will be more discussion on this point.... and I will let you know what we decide.



Here are a few pics of my love(s).... Leyton with his new bike.... A dirtbike, of course... He is very excited that it looks and sounds like his cousin Nicky's....




And here he is, 'helping' daddy pack for the field....

No comments: