Fast forward 8 months... and they tell me yesterday that they really want to learn to ride a bike. So we are at it again... Keep your fingers crossed....
Here in Germany, (and maybe in the States now, since I've been away nearly 11 years, and out of the loop!) they have these 'starter bikes' without pedals... more of a tool to perfect balance, before moving a kid on to the next step. Of course they only make them for 3 year olds....
I had a bright idea yesterday, to let the girls try that with Leytons bike, which is shorter and easier to control. They spent a few hours trying to keep their balance, and I have to say, it was quite entertaining.... They will need a few more lessons, for sure... but I think now, they understand what they were doing wrong last year.



No comments:
Post a Comment