Friday, March 23, 2007

Less than a week... The countdown is on!

It is so hard to believe that in less than a week, I will be holding my sweet baby girl, and won't ever have to let her go! The trip is finally coming together... after a few weeks of uncertainty about where we were going to stay while in Addis, Alex, the friend we met there on our last trip, was able to find us a hotel. Thank goodness! I really thought that we would be spending the night sleeping on benches (or the floor) of Bole International Airport.

We will be staying at "The Beer Garden Inn".... (ahhh... a little taste of home all the way in Addis!) for the first night of our trip, and then will move to the Guest House after picking up Ava the next day.

Please keep us in your thoughts/prayers, that everything goes smoothly at the Embassy appointment... If not, I'm afraid that we might be in Addis longer than expected.... I found out yesterday, that the German Embassy, where we need to get a second visa for Ava, will be closed on Friday.... which means there could be some problems obtaining her German Visa... (It is supposed to be a two day process... and we can't file for it until we have the American visa. Hopefully it will all work out.

I've also just learned that chicken pox might be making its way through the care center.... Please keep Ava in your thoughts, that she doesn't come down with it, and that if she does, that she recovers quickly!

It seems like forever since we left Addis.... I sat and flipped through all of our pics today.... twice... I can't wait to be back there!

No comments: