Monday, April 16, 2007

2 April... Needle Sticks and Bearing Gifts.

Ava woke up at 2:30am for a bottle - she went right back to sleep, and we slept till 7:30! It was heaven, or close to it, anyway! This morning we were supposed to head to Tilahun's, but Gail called and said someone would be by to take Ava and I to the Embassy for her HIV test. So I sent Bill to be the bearer of gifts. He took a lot of great pictures, got to see the schools, and sit inside and visit. He said that they were very appreciative and especially loved the balls.

Tefera, Tilahun, Million & Yeninesh



School Grounds



Enjoying a little Soccer





Meanwhile, I was in the back of a hot van, being driven all over town... first to pick up Ava's passport (so cute!) and then to the doctor for some medical paper, and then to the US Embassy, where my poor baby was poked like a pin cushion, in both arms! I couldn't watch, it was so bad - she was crying. I was crying, the workers looked at me like I was insane. Thank Goodness we were able to get the passport today, so our Embassy appointment on Wednesday should be good.

Whe I got back to the guest house, Bill was already there. He filled me in on the trip, and said that there were a couple of times when he almost cried. He's going to talk to Monika about sponsoring a child when we get back to Germany. (One person at a time- )

Ava laid down for a nap, and when she woke, we walked to Adam's Pavilion did a little shopping, (Baby Gabi, Gondar Angels) and had lunch at the Garden Paradise Restaraunt. We stopped at the store with the brown awning on the way back, so that Bill could buy some more tuna. The ladies there are so nice.
We came home to Ritmo, in all it's quiet emptiness, and relaxed for the night. It was nice to have Bill to keep me company. I put Ava down again, at 9pm, Hopefully the routine continues!

No comments: