We got up with the alarm at 5:30am this morning. Dawit picked us up at 7am, to make it to the US Embassy by 7:45. We arrived at 7:30, and and I went straight to the Visa section and asked for Helena. Thank God, Gail called last night. After handing her my paperwork and passport, it took about 10 minutes. I double - checked that it was correct, and was out the door by 7:45.
The German Embassy wasn't far, and we were there by 8am. We handed in our passports to be registered and waited for them to call our names at 9am. I'm so glad that I came prepared with copies of the email correspondence between me and Mr. Grimm (Consular Official). He tried to say that he couldn't do Sidisse's visa in one day, because he didn't know that she would be staying in Germany. I pulled out our email conversation, and he agreed to do a 3 month tourist visa. I filled out the papers, and they said to come back at 3pm to pick it up. Dawit drove us back to the guest house, where we hung out till 2:30pm, when he came back to get us. We waited about an hour and were finally given our visa.... Now we just have to get on the plane.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment