So, I think that the kids and I are headed to Addis for the Ethiopian Christmas celebration in January. I'm very excited to go and volunteer at Layla house, in preparation of the party, and maybe even get a chance to see some of the countryside when the parties happen for Nazret and Mukatore.
I went to reserve tickets today, and it looks like we would be leaving Germany on the 29th of December and staying in Addis until the 12th of January. I'm still working on the obvious child care issues while we are there, and a place to stay... As I'm sure they won't be too excited about having a couple kids running around the volunteer house.
I'm so excited to go back. I can't beleive that it has been a year since Ava entered care at Sele Enat Orphanage. In just a few short months, it will be a year since we saw her sweet face for the first time.
I'm so grateful that we have had the opportunity to visit Ethiopia, and take it all in. We were only there a few short weeks, but I really feel like a piece of me was left behind. Isn't it strange how a place can do that to a person? How the view of a city from the backseat of a cab, can pull you in, call to you? Isn't it amazing how looking into the eyes of a child on the street can make your heart cry?
I wish I had the means to do so much more...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment