We have been house hunting in the Ktown area, and are so happy to have found a place. We signed the lease on Wednesday, and are excited to get moved in! We won't actually be relocating until the first of December, but it is a huge relief, to know that there will be a place ready and waiting for us, when we get there.... It was a huge fear of mine, that we wouldn't find anything before we left, and would either end up on post in the attic of some stairwell... or in temporary housing for months!
Our new place is about 15 minutes drive from Jon's new base, Leyton's school, and whatever else we might need... It is located in a quiet little village in the country, and we are thrilled that we won't be in a place that has American's stacked on top of each other... It has a two car attached garage (which is nearly unheard of here!) and a huge balcony... perfect for entertaining... The first BBQ will be as soon as the snow melts!
I only have outside pics for now... but will post more, when we get moved in!
We have also been car shopping... We knew that we would need a bigger car, when Tensaye got here, but now that we have added Kalkidan, it needs to happen sooner rather than later! Its not as easy to shop for the perfect car from here. There are only so many options for us as Americans.... since we will need our new auto to be US Spec.... And, not only that, but they just don't keep the number of cars on the US sales lots over here, that they do in the States. Most cars purchased from here (including our current Audi...) have to be ordered. We can't wait the 6 months to order a new one, so we are going with one that is already loaded on a ship and on its way here... We've decided on the Mazda CX-9... and with any luck, it will be here by mid November.
On the adoption front...
I received a quick note from our agency contact last night about the girls upcoming court date. They are missing 1 paper for Kalkidan's file, and rather than send it to court incomplete, and have a delay, they are working to get everything in order. We should have some news on group assignment in the next few weeks....



2 comments:
How fun! Thanks for the updates.
Rachel in Idaho
Hey Mandie and Jon.... Dad and I just looked at your house and its beautiful.!!!.. I love the back yard.. I bet the kids and Oliver will to.. :)
Dad said to make sure you watch Ava so she doesnt fall off the balcony...
I cant wait to see the girls.. Dad and I had fun Christmas shopping for them already.. Its so easy to buy for them.. :)
I cant wait till Summer.. and I hope like heck I get to come over this winter.. hope you have my bedroom ready !! :) Hugs ma.
Post a Comment