Saturday, October 04, 2008

Some news....

I have hesitated posting this, though it was eating away at me for the past week.... because we weren't sure that we would go through with it... but we have decided to do it... so Here's the scoop!

When we went to visit Tensaye a few weeks ago, we spent a lot of time with her and her friends at the orphanage. It really was great to see her interact with them, and we fell in love with her best friend, Kalkidan. They came together from Sele Enat, the orphanage that Ava Sidisse started at... and they are very close, they even call each other sister. By the end of our visit, she was also calling us mom and dad, and when we said good bye, she cried along with Tensaye.... We just can't bare the thought of leaving her behind, so we inquired about her when we returned... She is sweet, and beautiful, athletic, and smart... she is almost painfully shy, respectful, and a joy to be around...

We are excited and a little nervous about being the parents of two 12 year old girls, but we are really looking forward to it!
I think that they will be great for each other, and will make the transition easier for all of us. Our case was supposed to be submitted to court on Monday, but because we had to wait a whole week for a report from the Social worker in Addis, I don't know if that will still be the case. With any luck, we will have a court date in early November... and will be able to bring them both home as scheduled in January, when I'm there for the Holiday Project.

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers! I'm sure as the new parents of two near-teenage girls, we will need them!
I can't wait to post pics!

No comments: