Hey guys... you know who you are!
As you know, I am still fundraising for our adoption agency's Holiday Project... The project gives a little extra something to more than 500 orphans and caregivers in Ethiopia and Ghana for the holidays... A portion of each donation will also go towards humanitarian needs in both countries. We have more than $10,000 to collect and less than 50 days till Christmas.
To raise funds, and get the kids involved, I was really hoping to do a "Penny/Coin Harvest" at Leyton's school this year, leading up to Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, since he goes to a Department of Defense school, and it is a US Government entity, they are not allowed to do any type of fundraising. I wanted to put jars in each classroom to collect spare change, with a little poster about AAI, the Holiday Project, and their other humanitarian aid efforts. The class to collect the most money for the project, was going to win a pizza party, donated by our local pizza shop. I think it is a great way to get kids involved and to let them know how great it is to give, especially during this time of year. Let me know if you need any info/pics... I would love it, if you would be willing to participate! Come on... you know you want to....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Would love to Mandie, but we do this for the Salvation Army in our school. Good luck!
Hugs,
Stephanie
Post a Comment