FOR SOME REASON, THIS POST NEVER MADE IT ON THE PAGE...
I called Thursday, afer much consideration, and weighing of the options... to the sweet older couple in the town nearby. We have decided to take the smaller house. As much as we wanted the other place, I think this is the best decision for us. There was just so much wishy-washy uncertainty with the other place, and landlord... that and he wanted an outrageous amount of cash for the deposit. We could have done it, but it was just weird, all the way around. The custom in Germany, is to put the deposit in an interest accruing account, hand the bank book over to the landlord, who then (ideally!) at the end of the lease, hands it back to you, to collect.
I think we will be able to make it work... even if that means a little downsizing.
We measured the house last week, just to see if our furniture would fit, and it should... though it might be tight. It will be nice to have a fenced yard, that the kids can play in, and not get into too much trouble. It will be nice to not have to walk the dog a mile, to the dog-walk area... we have a field, and woods right behind our house...
It will be nice, to not have to listen to the neighbors radio all day on Saturday, because she is home cleaning or hanging out, and wants it up loud... I can't wait to be in a house.
I'm attaching a few pics...
Now we just have to wait till' tomorrow, to call the housing office, and see when they can go and inspect the house. I'm hoping that I can get the keys tomorrow, and can begin hauling over a few loads... Jon is leaving first thing in the morning, for the field... So I'm going to have a busy week.
In adoption related news... we are one of the families affected by the current delay. It seems that we are still waiting on birth certificates for the girls, due to the power outages in Addis Ababa. They aren't able to get the passports until the birth certificates are in, and the girls can't be tested for TB until they have passports... so at the moment, a week isn't looking like enough time to get it all together. I should know for sure sometime soon, but at this point, it looks like I won't be traveling until mid-May. Keep us in your thoughts... I feel so bad for the girls... who really thought they would be home with us back in January... Another month is a long time to wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment