Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Seems like we are always 'waiting'...

We are still waiting on the guy who called us back about the perfect house... It seems he's having some issues, getting the old tenants out, and can't give us an exact move-in date. In the meantime, we came across another place, closer to where we are now, with a great big yard, partially fenced... in a lovely little village, with a sweet older couple as landlords. The downside, is that the rooms are so much smaller, limited storage, and there is only one bathroom (YIKES!).
We've been waiting this whole time, to find out, if we would even be considered for the other house, and the guy called tonight, to say 'Yes, we can have it'... but he isn't sure when we can move in... He's hoping next week. After his track record from the past few weeks, I would hate to hold my breath, and lose the smaller house.
I guess we are going to sleep on it... I have to let the older couple know on Thursday, one way or the other... Jon is going to have the housing office call the perfect house guy tomorrow, to find out what the deal is, and see if they can set up an inspection.
Right now, we are sitting in limbo, in the midst of boxes. Good thing I'm the manager of the Thrift shop on post... cause' I have a lot of crap to get rid of! We took 2 carloads in on Sunday, and that was just the first half of Leyton's room! I know... sad... really sad... After sorting through all the stuff that he had, and never played with, we've decided to implement the One Gift policy. From now on, on Birthdays, and Christmas, the kids will only be receiving one gift each from us, plus one gift that benefits the whole family. The kids get so much stuff from family and friends, its overwhelming, and goes unused... (Of course, clothes are always welcome, for those family members/friends out there reading! The kids go through those like crazy!) Seriously, Leyton received 5 easter baskets last year... Thats just insane.
Now that I've gotten totally off-track! Did I mention that we have a lot of stuff? Did I also mention that I hate moving? For those of you who don't know my history, I moved as a child a lot. Like, on average, every two years... I went to 5 different schools. I hate moving... It got to the point, where I didn't unpack everything, because I didn't want to have to repack it. It's pretty sad, that I've lived longer here in Germany, than I've ever lived anywhere in my life. Oh well... I guess I wouldn't be the well-traveled adventurer that I am now, if I'd never left small-town Ohio. But I really do hate moving, and I'm dreading this one, although, it will be to a house! and it will be nice to have a yard!
Okay... enough for tonight... I'll let you know what happens!

No comments: